School Holiday's End

A man walked up to yet another, which had white hair and hands clinging unto his face. Up above his head, a nametag "Tomura" was donned. The man approached Tomura slowly yet surely. When there is but inches apart from them, two arms popped out of the man's back, and with but a touch, Tomura's life was gone.

The man stood in silence, enjoying the results of his training. His power have risen to such height that even Tomura wouldn't be able to survive his "Disassembling Touch". But his joy was cut short as a huge shockwave came from behind and ripped apart his body.

"Gah!" grunted a boy playing the game.

"These kids just couldn't help but to flaunt the power they've gained by wasting days into this stupid game!" he criticized the game and its playerbase.

The fifteen years old boy being mad at the kids he's trapped in the server with, which looked rather petty, is a student of SMAN 3 Bandung that somehow made his way into a kid's game.

Also, the boy's me, and I'm playing "ROBLOX". Pretty neat, eh?

I was playing it to enjoy the reminiscence. This was a game I played somewhere around 2012 with my brother. I had long since abandoned the game, but the school holiday was just too boring that I decided to go along this time wasting idea.

Things have changed within the game, for sure. The kids that used to play in 2012 were way more friendly and talkative compared to the ones playing now. And the games that were popular was way more defined and good looking, yet much more so boring than before.

I closed the ROBLOX site and went to NovelUpdates, or NU for short. There I took a glance at my reading list, checking if any series were updated. Sadly, none that I truly enjoy have, and I went onward to RoyalRoad, doing the same thing and yielding the same results.

Feeling disappointed, I went yet to another site which is the lowest I hope for, but the last I could have for. It was a translation of a webnovel I liked. The translation hasn't been posting any new chapters lately, and my guess is that the translators thought the series ended, which is still going.

Sure, the chapters must've looked like the end of the 520 chapter or so of the novel and it looked good even though if it truly ended there, but the Korean raw chapters are still being posted. The translator also posted all the chapters of the arc at in one day, which led to my guess.

Then I asked myself, "What should I do?"

The site which I read manga on got DMCA'd by some media which intentionally posted their official release of "Boruto" and immediately filed a lawsuit. So, the site would be down for another day. Who reads a manga such as "Boruto", anyway?

And so the venture for entertainment continued. From Steam to Epic Games Store, from Youtube to Twitch, and from Spotify to Media Player. Precious time that could've been spent on better things got wasted on the fruitless search for entertainment instead, and slowly it went by unnoticed.

My phone's clock is at 1 A.M. and I knew school is starting shortly. So, I decided that it was time to sleep already and be done with the day. After all, you can't wake up early with a routine of sleeping past midnight, and that might result in me being late to school again.

I guess that is how my school holiday ends. Quite boring isn't it? I didn't even went out of house to watch fireworks at New Year's Eve.

But that's just me being me, and I got no problem with that.

And to those reading this, here's some recommendations:
Kim Dok-Ja - That one Korean novel I mentioned
Mother of Learning - Best of what I've read so far!
After The Mountains Are Flattened - Underrated webnovel which differentiated itself from the rest

Comments

Popular Posts