Offer and Suggestion

A boy closed the laptop on the desk. He stared at the ceiling, thinking about the content of the video conference that was just held. There, his seniors explained each of the school clubs available in his school and demonstrated their activities. The boy was currently lost on which club to choose; he has never participated in any extracurricular activity.

*Bzzz...*

A vibration came from his pocket. He took out his phone and glanced at the notification.

"Which club will you join?"

The sender was a friend coming from the same middle school. They coincidentally went into the same high school without knowing each other's choice. Thus, they rejoiced when they met with each other. The company that their friend gives made the student orientation period more enjoyable for them. They helped each other throughout the period.

"Dunno. Never joined any. I could use some suggestions. Anyway, how about you?" he replied.

"Well, I was in the physics club in middle school, so I was thinking of joining the research and technology team. If you haven't decided, maybe you could join the team too."

"What do they do?"

"Their members usually participate in competitions and researches. Also, they are the one responsible for holding the Science Week event."

"Eh, I'm not sure I'm qualified to join. My scores aren't that good."

"No worries, I can help you study if you want me to. I'm sure it will be fun. Plus, it's better than to join a club you know nothing of and have no friends in, no?"

"I guess... Then, I'll happily accept that offer of yours. I'm leaving if my scores didn't improve after studying with you. :P"

"Hahaha, it's a deal then. See ya'."

"Later."

The boy giggled to himself after texting with his friend. He pumped up his fist and sent it flying into the air.

"YES!" he shouted.

His eyes sparkled, and his mouth formed a smile that could only be seen at the happiest moment of his life.

After all, who wouldn't be happy after someone he knew from middle school enrolled in the same school, became close friends with him, and is inviting him to study together. Even more so if that someone is the one that you had a crush on in middle school.

'Heck yeah! Congratulations, you have earned the opportunity to be close to her. Leave the club? Hell no! Now go put in the effort for the three years to come!' he congratulated and commanded himself within his mind.

Comments

Popular Posts